GENERAL ADMISSIONS POLICIES
The College is open to eligible persons with a genuine desire to be trained in a career in an allied healthcare profession. Staff is available to assist with any questions regarding admission, program length and cost of attendance. Admission to the College is open to all applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, handicap, or marital status. Applicants are accepted into the program based on admissions test results, personal interview, academic achievement, work history and character references. All prospective students are required to tour the college, spend a full day on campus shadowing students, sitting in on lectures and observing procedures in the lab after acceptance into the college and prior to enrolling in the program of their choice. The college reserves the right to limit enrollment in each of its programs. Prospective students are advised to spend time researching the sonography profession prior to deciding on this career field. All applicants must complete the application process and make necessary financial arrangements prior to the start of classes. The school offer no scholarships to students however students may present prior college credits for transfer. In considering the applicants’ qualifications for admission to individual programs, all pre-requisites for individual programs must be met. Accepted applicants are charged $100.00 refundable registration fee up to 72 hours after registration to secure a place in the program after completing a day of activities on campus. The Admission test is taken on campus Monday to Thursday 10:00am to 2:00pm. Applicants must score a minimum of 70% in every section of the test which include Math, English and Science.
ALL STUDENTS MUST:
- Complete Pre-Admission Basic Assessment test.
- Complete application for admissions form.
- Complete a pre admission Psychological questionnaire
- Complete and pass a panel interview with the admission’s team which includes the Director, Director of Education, and three additional faculty members
- Complete a day on campus and sign Campus tour confirmation document.
Submit the following:
- A copy of High school Diploma or GED. A copy of College transcripts where applicable
- Two letters of recommendation (character)
- A driver’s license or State identification card Proof of citizenship (Voters registration card or Copy of Passport)
- Proof of age being at least 18 years old
- Signed “Drug-free Workplace Act” document
- Attestation of High School education completion
- Documentation of good general health signed by the student or a health Practitioner
- Completed TWC Career School and Colleges Record of Previous Education and Training forms PS-010
- Receipt of Enrollment Policies form PS-005
- The documentation must certify that the applicant’s health does not preclude his/her working in a health care setting
- Submit Shot records as required for admissions
- Complete an enrollment Agreement (parent or guardian of applicant under age 18 must sign the enrollment agreement)
- Completed Criminal Background check
- Submit $100 Registration fee required upon signing enrollment.
- Meet with the Financial Aid Director if help is needed
- Attend a scheduled orientation prior to attending classes.
A 12 Panels Drug Screen results
Submit Shot Records including:
Current TB shot or X-Ray
HEP B series
Seasonal Flu Shot
Meningococcal Vaccine (Under 30 years old)
- Submit proof of prior education or employment as an MD., Allied Health Professional or Nurse. Radiological Technology, Diagnostic Sonography
- A Medical Doctor or persons holding Masters, Bachelors or Associate degree in Nursing, Radiological Technology, Diagnostic Sonography or transfer students from an Allied Health or Nursing program may be granted additional credits for prior education.
- Veterans can apply to the program of choice.